Stay Active with Us
Sign up to get the latest news and events from YKK
Unsolicited Invention Submission Terms & Conditions
YKK Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “YKK”) appreciates the efforts of inventors who wish to submit potential projects for consideration. However, for the mutual benefit of all concerned, certain precautions are necessary before YKK can accept unsolicited ideas. Because YKK is continuously working on new products and improvements to existing products, it is quite possible that YKK’s existing developments may be similar to your idea. Therefore, in order to avoid possible confusion and prevent misunderstandings as to the origin of an idea, it is necessary for you, as the inventor, to acknowledge and agree to the following terms as consideration for YKK considering your submission.
- You expressly represent that you are the sole creator and owner of the idea/invention/device submitted. You also represent and warrant that you have the sole right to disclose the idea/invention/device to YKK and are not bound by any confidentiality agreement or other restriction on your right to disclose the idea/invention/device to YKK.
- You realize that your idea may be wholly within the public domain; that employees of YKK may be in the process of developing, or may have already developed the same or similar idea or invention; and that YKK may have received a similar submission from other sources.
- You are solely responsible for protecting your proprietary rights, including, but not limited to, filing a patent application.
- YKK is not under any obligation to reveal any of its own patents, projects or information which may be similar to your submission.
- You realize for your invention to be fully evaluated, you must provide a sketch or drawing along with a fully understandable summation of the idea/invention/device. If available, a patent application and drawing are preferred. You have retained a copy of all drawings and information submitted for your records. You understand and agree that any descriptions, drawings or other disclosure submitted to YKK will not be returned to you.
- You understand that YKK assumes no obligation to evaluate the submission or to do more than to indicate whether or not YKK is interested in pursuing the submission.
- You acknowledge that no agreement for compensation is implied or expected because of YKK’s acceptance or review of your submission.
- You hereby release, disclaim and waive all potential claims, remedies (either under law or equity), or causes of action of any kind against YKK other than patent infringement.
- You are submitting this invention on a non-confidential basis. YKK WILL NOT REVIEW CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
- The terms of this submission are governed by South African Law.
- You understand and agree that there are no other agreements or understandings that apply to my submission, that any prior agreements or understandings are superseded, and that no modifications or exceptions to these Terms and Conditions will apply unless agreed to by both yourself and YKK in a formal, written consent.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”true”]